Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps
Deposit Solutions, one of the fastest growing fintech globally and pioneers in Open Banking, provides a market changing platform for the financial industry. Through our innovation banks can offer their end-customers a broad product line-up from different banks, thereby increasing their clients’ choice and market transparency. With our first application, focusing on savings deposits, banks looking for funding can gather deposits from new markets and client groups without having to set up and operate their own retail infrastructure, and depositors can access best-in-class deposit offers through their home bank account.
Currently our platform is connecting banks from 16 countries and in turn 30m depositors. Through our B2C channels we have mediated EUR 13bn to date.
At Deposit Solutions we constantly strive to work with the latest and most powerful technologies. We are an Agile house, focused on Continuous Delivery and Integration with the latest methodologies and innovations in the field. Our Development, QA and Infrastructure/DevOps departments work closely, with open communication lines and a focus on individual empowerment. Our “you build it, you run it” culture gives each of our contributors the possibility to be immersed and hands-on with the latest techs and tools, always counting with the extensive support of peer specialists and subject matter experts.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will work with talented, cross-functional, highly-motivated international teams, acting as a bridge between application developers and the underlying infrastructure, strengthening the DevOps culture, working with innovative technologies, and ensuring that our systems are ready for Internet scale.
- You participate in the design, deployment, and operation of our applications
- You instruct and support our application teams guaranteeing that they are empowered to do their work
- You ensure that our applications are meeting our operation, availability, monitoring, and performance standards throughout our different environments
- You develop automated and self-service processes
- You run Infrastructure as Code and Continuous Delivery
- You work together with the rest of the Infrastructure department to create the infrastructure of the future
- Practical experience in an agile environment following the DevOps philosophy of “you build it, you run it” is beneficial
- Solid knowledge in most of the following technologies:
- Linux (CentOS, Debian), virtualization (ESX, Proxmox, Docker, LXC, KVM), databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch)
- Monitoring (Icinga, Grafana, Prometheus, Graylog)
- Self-Contained and highly available systems
- Web-based environments (microservices, load balancers)
- Automation with Ansible, Jenkins, Salt
- Scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- Azure Cloud
- Operational experience especially with running and troubleshooting Java-based systems in production
- You possess excellent communication skills and desires to improve them even further
At Deposit Solutions we offer you:
Flexible working hours; free soft drinks and juice, daily fresh fruit, and coffee; 28 days of vacations per year for every full-time permanent employee; German and English classes weekly; public transportation support; preferred rates in sports centers and gyms; international, diverse, 100% English-spoken work environment; opportunity to work in our different international offices and international relocation support.
All of our offices are located in prime locations in some of the world's most important financial and technological hubs: Hamburg, Berlin, Zurich, London and New York, amongst others. Working at Deposit Solutions means taking ownership from day one and giving everything to ensure your contribution has a meaningful and sustainable impact. Enjoy an exciting industry while relying on the backing of top international investors like Peter Thiel, Vitruvian Partners, Kinnevik, FinLab, Apeiron, Greycroft and e.Ventures.
We pride ourselves in the diverse mindsets, cultures, nationalities and experiences of our people. The Deposit Solutions’ family encompasses over 40 different nationalities! We run an environment with open doors and unrestricted communication that enables decisive, agile action. Combined with a mixture of top Tech and Business talent working closely we have built a workplace uniquely suited for gaining experience and knowledge in one of the world's most exciting industries.
We invite you to join us and work with us towards our goal: to revolutionize the deposit market.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that guarantees employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or age.
Come meet us!