Innovation Manager - Platform and Product Design
Deposit Solutions, one of the fastest growing fintech globally, provides the market changing Open-Banking platform for the financial industry. Through our innovation, banks can offer their end-customers a broad product line-up from different banks, thereby increasing their clients’ choice and market transparency. With our first application, focusing on savings deposits, banks looking for funding can gather deposits from new markets and client groups without having to set up and operate their own retail infrastructure, and depositors can access best-in-class deposit offers through their home bank account.
Currently our platform is connecting banks from 16 countries and in turn 30m depositors, we managed to mediate EUR 13bn.
At Deposit Solutions we constantly strive to work with the latest and most powerful technologies. We are an Agile house, focused on continuous delivery and integration with the latest methodologies and innovations in the field. We radically improve the customer experience for millions of bank customers. For banks, our platform is an easy way to become “Open”. Not just through a nice-to-have app or a polished front end, but in form of a deep, value-creating innovation that brings new capabilities and enables growth. For this, we need brilliant minds who want to drive innovation, develop new features, contribute with ideas and, ultimately, push our technology to the next level. Working with us means obtaining a unique perspective of the financial industry, working with Europe’s top banks and financial institutions and getting to know more of their people, systems and cultures every day.
As a Product Owner in our Innovation team you will liase cross-functionally with stakeholders across our company to drive forward our platform, working with internationally distributed teams performing, among others, the following tasks:
- Working on the B2B and B2C platform design and implementation for the US and the European market
- Accountable for owning and managing the product backlog and delivering items prioritized in the backlog in order to maximize the value of the product but also based on capacity
- Tracking progress of system development - reporting to the business on status of delivery of features/functions, and applications
- Analyzing development estimates to understand level of effort impacting priority of requirements
- Understanding requirements from Company’s stakeholders to produce business documentation
- Reviewing and approving changes for the development team
- Working closely with Business Analysts and developers to identify and prioritize system features
- Searching for opportunities for product innovation and product enhancements
- Collaboration with key Deposit Solutions partners, diverse team of international professionals that includes software engineers, QA, UX designers and DevOps, ensuring development is fostered and opportunities for growth pursued
- Communicating with senior management on project status, risks, issues, and dependencies
- Full participation in Agile rituals (daily scrums, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives) with Scrum Master, technical leads
- Provide analysis and design as needed, providing clear articulation of product vision and direction
- Advanced understanding of software development and architecture which allows to play active role as a driver in team of Software Engineers, QA, UX designers and DevOps
- Expertise in back-end service and API architecture
- Professional working experience and knowledge regarding B2B and B2C technbaology
- Leading complex software engineering projects
- Very good knowledge of FinTech industry
- Working experience with tools like Jira, Confluence, Azure, and any other tools supporting Agile project management
Flexible working hours; free soft drinks and juice, daily fresh fruit, and coffee; 28 days of vacations per year for every full-time permanent employee; German and English classes weekly; public transportation support; preferred rates in sports centers and gyms; international, diverse, 100% English-spoken work environment; opportunity to work in our different international offices and international relocation support.
All of our offices are located in prime locations in some of the world's most important financial and technological hubs: Hamburg, Berlin, Zurich, London and New York, among others. Working at Deposit Solutions means taking ownership from day one and giving everything to ensure your contribution has a meaningful and sustainable impact. Enjoy an exciting industry while relying on the backing of top international investors like Peter Thiel, Vitruvian Partners, Kinnevik, FinLab, Apeiron, Greycroft and e.Ventures.
We pride ourselves in the diverse mindsets, cultures, nationalities and experiences of our people. The Deposit Solutions’ family encompasses over 40 different nationalities! We run an environment with open doors and unrestricted communication that enables decisive, agile action. Combined with a mixture of top Tech and Business talent working closely we have built a workplace uniquely suited for gaining experience and knowledge in one of the world's most exciting industries.
We invite you to join us and work with us towards our goal: to revolutionize the deposit market.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that guarantees employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or age.
Come meet us!