Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Deposit Solutions, one of the fastest growing fintech globally, provides the market changing Open-Banking platform for the financial industry. Through our innovation, banks can offer their end-customers a broad product line-up from different banks, thereby increasing their clients’ choice and market transparency. With our first application, focusing on savings deposits, banks looking for funding can gather deposits from new markets and client groups without having to set up and operate their own retail infrastructure, and depositors can access best-in-class deposit offers through their home bank account.
Currently our platform is connecting banks from 16 countries and 30m depositors, we managed to mediate EUR 13bn.
At Deposit Solutions we constantly strive to work with the latest and most powerful technologies. We are an Agile house, focused on continuous delivery and integration with the latest methodologies and innovations in the field. Our Development, QA and Infrastructure/DevOps departments work closely, with open communication lines and a focus on individual empowerment. Our “you build it, you run it” culture gives each of our contributors the possibility to be immersed and hands-on with the latest techs and tools, always counting with the extensive support of peer specialists and subject matter experts.
At Deposit Solutions we are working on getting rid of manual testing. We need QA engineers with a good understanding of Continuous Delivery and what’s necessary from the development and testing perspective.
We think that quality starts with good requirements and a process that automatically integrates the different components of our applications; testing properly the different system levels before we integrate them.
- Your main goal will be to influence the teams so that they continuously improve, and having a high level of quality you will promote proper engineering processes and improving the testability of the system
- You will build tools to increase the transparency on team velocity, coverage and quality
- You will collaborate with developers to improve the test coverage
- You will write scripts to automate testing and create tools for developers test their own code
- You will navigate developers’ code, finding gaps in coverage or suggesting changes to make the system testable
- You will automatize any repeated tasks
- Good experience in testing Java applications, and can manage and work with Java code.
- Having tested Services in a High-Availability, Clustered setting.
- Being able to perform queries on SQL Databases.
- Experience with Backend Testing
- Knowledge of some of the following tools and frameworks: Rest Assure, JMeter, Selenium, WebDriver, SoapUI
- Experience with either Performance, Load or Stress Testing, preferably with JMeter
- Experience with Azure cloud environments
- Knowledge of BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) methodology
- Experience working on an Agile environment
- Some knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- An eagerness to learn and develop on whatever gaps there may be between your skillset and our requirements.
We are also interested in mixed profiles: for example people coming from Business/Functional Analysis or Software Development with current experience with QA Automation. We are looking to build truly diverse teams, both at the cultural as well as at the skillset level. Don’t be afraid to apply!
At Deposit Solutions we offer you:
Flexible working hours; free soft drinks and juice, daily fresh fruit, and coffee; 28 days of vacations per year for every full-time permanent employee; German and English classes weekly; public transportation support; preferred rates in sports centers and gyms; international, diverse, 100% English-spoken work environment; opportunity to work in our different international offices and international relocation support.
All of our offices are located in prime locations in some of the world's most important financial and technological hubs: Hamburg, Berlin, Zurich, London and New York, amongst others. Working at Deposit Solutions means taking ownership from day one and giving everything to ensure your contribution has a meaningful and sustainable impact. Enjoy an exciting industry while relying on the backing of top international investors like Peter Thiel, Vitruvian Partners, Kinnevik, FinLab, Apeiron, Greycroft and e.Ventures.
We pride ourselves in the diverse mindsets, cultures, nationalities and experiences of our people. The Deposit Solutions’ family encompasses over 40 different nationalities! We run an environment with open doors and unrestricted communication that enables decisive, agile action. Combined with a mixture of top Tech and Business talent working closely we have built a workplace uniquely suited for gaining experience and knowledge in one of the world's most exciting industries.
We invite you to join us and work with us towards our goal: to revolutionize the deposit market.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that guarantees employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or age.
Come meet us!