Data Warehouse Architect - FinTech - Business Intelligence - Data Mining - SQL - XML
As part of the strategy for future growth, Deposit Solutions is building out an enterprise Data Warehouse and Analytics System. You will be driving a largely greenfield project with the goal to build a state of the art data warehouse that enables us to capture the value out of the massive amounts of data our Open Banking platform produces. You main responsibilities will be:
- Architecting, Planning and Implementation of end-to-end Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence system utilizing best practices from Data Architecture, Data Integration and Data Management areas.
- Design Backup and Recovery Policy for the Enterprise Data warehouse (EDW).
- Integration of diverse data sources (internal and external, structured and unstructured) with the EDW.
- Identify and understand Source Data Systems. Map Source System Data to EDW Data Model.
- Design and develop extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes.
- Define and capture Meta Data and rules associated with ETL processes.
- Work with internal data security colleagues to ensure that sensitive data is properly protected.
- Identify and deploy appropriate tools to deliver up-to-date and accurate data to the partner departments.
- Extensive knowledge of dimensional modeling, Star & Snowflake schema designs, Data Mining methodologies, and latest in the field such as XML Warehousing, In-memory & column-store DBMS, cloud based DW design.
- Performance management and tuning to proactively monitor the database environment and to make changes to data structures, SQL, application logic or the DBMS subsystem to optimize performance.
- SQL Server 2012 or later - 4-7 years practical development and administration experience.
- SQL code reviews and walkthroughs. Must possess in-depth SQL knowledge so they can understand and review SQL and host language programs and to recommend changes for optimization.
- Experience in ETL/data integration tools like Informatica etc.
- Hands on experience with one of the Cloud Stacks.
- Good to have experience working on BI Tools like Microstrategy, Tableau, Qlikview, etc..
- Work experience on Big data platforms like Hadoop would be an added advantage.
- You are part analyst and part hand-on technical.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Apart from standards like free water, coffee, tons of fruit, a great location in the heart of Hamburg, great colleagues and support for public transport, you get the chance to help shape the future of finance. Working at Deposit Solutions means taking ownership from day one and giving everything to ensure your contribution has a meaningful and sustainable impact. Become part of our close-knit network of colleagues from more than 40 different nationalities and celebrate our mutual successes with everybody. Enjoy an exciting industry, while relying on the backing of top international investors like Peter Thiel, Greycroft and e.Ventures.
If you are keen to support us in winning the rest of the EUR 10 trillion deposit market, apply in German or English.